Identical twin brothers Harold Little, CPA, CGMA, Ph.D., and Carroll Little, CPA, DPA, share the unusual distinction of having both served as the chairs of AACSB-accredited accounting departments. In this podcast, Harold, an associate professor and current accounting department chair at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Ky., and Carroll, an accounting instructor and former accounting department chair at Howard University in Washington, D.C., look back at their journey from students to practitioners to faculty members.
What you’ll hear about in this episode:
- The unusual paths the Little brothers took to academia.
- The influence of one legendary African-American professor and CPA firm owner.
- What’s changed most in accounting education over the past few decades.
- The biggest challenge accounting department heads face.
- What today’s students think of accounting as a major and a career path.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Courtney Vien, a JofA senior editor, at email@example.com.