Twenty-five leaders in the accounting profession received 2020 Most Powerful Women in Accounting Awards, which were created by CPA Practice Advisor and are administered jointly with the AICPA.
The winners were selected based on the following characteristics: being a driving force for innovation and excellence, demonstrably contributing to the success of their own organization and the accounting profession as a whole, providing guidance and leadership to contribute to the growth of the profession, and effectively representing the accounting profession through civic and community outreach.
The 2020 winners are:
- Karen Abramson, CEO, Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting
- Lara Abrash, chairman and CEO, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Tommye Barie, executive vice president of Leadership Development, Succession Institute LLC, and former AICPA chair
- Arianna Campbell, director, Boomer Consulting Inc.
- Lynne Doughtie, former chairman and CEO, KPMG US
- Sarah Elliott, executive leadership coach and co-founder, Intend2Lead LLC
- Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, executive director, Finance Thought Leadership, Oracle, and former AICPA chair
- Janet Foutty, executive chair of the board, Deloitte US
- Tasha Fox, controller, Osage Nation
- Tracey Golden, former audit partner, Deloitte, and AICPA chair
- Kelly Grier, U.S. chair and managing partner and Americas managing partner, EY
- Phyllis Ingram, partner, Carr, Riggs & Ingram LLC
- Scharrell Jackson, principal/COO, BPM LLP
- Alexandra Kessler, partner, Aronson LLC
- Elizabeth Pittelkow Kittner, vice president, Finance and Human Resources, International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Tamera Loerzel, partner, ConvergenceCoaching
- Carla McCall, managing partner, AAFCPAs
- Shannon King Nash, chair, National Society of Black Certified Public Accountants Inc.
- Kelly Richmond Pope, associate professor, School of Accountancy and MIS, DePaul University
- Lindsay Stevenson, vice president of finance at 1st Financial Bank and founder and CEO of Origin Evolution LLC
- Amy Vetter, founder and CEO, The B3 Method Institute
- Tracey Walker, national senior director of Government Affairs and Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, RSM US LLP
- Tifphani White-King, principal and national tax practice leader, Mazars USA LLP
- Sandra Wiley, president, Boomer Consulting Inc.
- Jennifer Wilson, co-founder and partner, ConvergenceCoaching