This episode addresses how and why CPA licensure requirements might evolve as a result of the technological revolution that’s transforming the accounting profession. The episode’s guest is Carl Mayes, the associate director for CPA Quality and Evolution at the AICPA.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How technology is changing the work CPAs do.
- What these changes mean for the profession as a whole.
- How the CPA profession can adapt to all of this change.
- How the CPA Evolution initiative relates to this topic.
- What the principles behind this initiative are.
- What particular areas of concern are being voiced by members.
- How members’ concerns are being used in the process.
- Where CPAs can go if they want to learn more about the process.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Chris Baysden, a JofA associate director, at Chris.Baysden@aicpa-cima.com.