Tax reform will have an important impact on many aspects of the accounting profession — including the CPA Exam. In this week’s episode of the podcast, we talked to Mike Decker, the vice president of examinations at the AICPA, about the changes being made to the exam as a result of tax reform — and about how Excel will now be available for use on the test.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How the AICPA’s exams team has gone about collecting feedback on the exam.
- Why continuous testing could be on the horizon.
- The timeline for implementing changes due to tax reform.
- How and why a practice analysis will be initiated.
- The changes that test takers will see to monitors and software used in the exam.
Play the episode below: