The CPA Exam is one of the most popular topics of conversation among aspiring accountants—especially with the release of a revised exam earlier this year. John Mattar, the director of Psychometrics & Research for the AIPCA Examinations team, joins the podcast this episode to talk about how the exam was developed—and answer some common questions about scoring.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- The process by which the exam is designed.
- What the Examinations team does to make sure exam scoring is fair to everyone.
- Why test takers have to wait to see their scores.
- How the exam is designed to play an important role in the profession’s licensure process.
- "How the CPA Exam is scored," June 19, 2017
- "Memories of the CPA Exam," June 1, 2017
- "Last-minute guide to the updated CPA Exam," April 1, 2017
- "How the next CPA Exam was developed," Sept. 1, 2016
- "What will be tested on the next CPA Exam," April 4, 2016
Play the episode below: