Accountants and other professionals often have a drive to be perfect at work and beyond. We keep chasing perfection, a flawed pursuit that can leave us with more doubt about our abilities. Lindsay Stevenson, CPA, CGMA, has a message for those of us who doubt ourselves or let a fear of failure take hold in this special-edition podcast recorded at AICPA ENGAGE 2019 in Las Vegas.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The link between fear and self-trust.
- How the words of author Brené Brown have resonated with Stevenson.
- Why striving for perfection comes naturally for accountants.
- How Stevenson got over her own fear of failure.
- Advice for those who focus on being perfect instead of on being good.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, a JofA senior editor, at Neil.Amato@aicpa-cima.com.