Communication at work seems like it should be easy — after all, how hard is it to walk over to a colleague’s office and explain (or ask) what needs to be done or how to do it? It turns out that providing consistently excellent workplace communication is not only extremely challenging but also critical for the health of your CPA practice. If poor communication is leading to inefficiency — or worse — at your firm, this podcast episode with AICPA board member Melody Feniks will provide strategies that can help. In addition to her role on the board, Feniks, CPA, CGMA, owns Feniks & Co. in Fairbanks, Alaska.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why communication is such an important topic for CPAs at small firms.
- The communication challenges that small firm owners face with staff and clients.
- Mistakes that small firm leaders make when trying to improve communication.
- Changes that can improve communication at a small firm.
- Resources that small firm leaders can use to improve their communication.
Play the episode below:
For more information, resources and podcasts on how CPAs manage small firms, visit aicpa.com/smallfirm.
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Chris Baysden, associate director, content development, at email@example.com.