In the second part of the JofA’s annual Accounting Technology Roundtable, three of the profession’s leading tech experts explore the new skills — and ways — accountants must learn to be successful in the age of artificial intelligence (AI). They also explain the type of learning that requires CPAs to be patient with the rollout of AI-related technologies.
Part 1 of the roundtable: What CPAs Need to Know to Succeed in New Tech Age
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why it’s a good idea to have the cameras on during video-enabled conference calls.
- The key human factors that should be top of mind when implementing new technology.
- Why research skills are more valuable than the ability to memorize.
- What machine learning really means for CPAs.
- The difference between predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- The coolest uses of technology in accounting.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Jeff Drew, a JofA senior editor, at Jeff.Drew@aicpa-cima.com.