Legislation in states around the country could put CPA licensure in danger. This episode examines what practitioners need to know to help ensure the profession is protected. Guests are Skip Braziel, vice president–State Regulatory & Legislative Affairs at the AICPA, and Jennifer B. Briggs, president and CEO of the Indiana CPA Society.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Some different ways that states are trying to deregulate occupations.
- Why this issue is gaining so much steam.
- What will happen if CPAs don’t do anything about this.
- How CPAs can get involved.
- What Indiana CPAs have been doing to address this problem.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Chris Baysden, a JofA associate director, at Chris.Baysden@aicpa-cima.com.