Anyone who has gone into business with a partner knows that business relationships are often a little bit like work marriages. Mark Zyla, CPA/ABV/CFF, joins this edition of the podcast to talk about business prenups and divorce — and how they can impact your business’s valuation.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- What valuation matters are key to keep in mind when considering prospective business partners?
- What factors improve or detract from a healthy business relationship — and what is the impact on the business’s valuation?
- What variables drive the value of the company, and how can the owners maximize the business’s potential worth?
- How can owners strategize their exit? What valuation methodologies are typical when negotiating a shareholder agreement or exit?
- What are common frameworks for winding down the business partnership (from a valuation perspective)?
- What are advantageous methods to maintain the company’s value during dissolution?
Play the episode below: