Artificial intelligence and blockchain are among the technologies being touted as potentially disruptive and transformational for the accounting profession. How and when will new technologies reshape the accounting profession? That’s the focus of the conversation in part 2 of the JofA’s annual technology roundtable. Providing their expertise are the following accounting technology experts:
- David Cieslak, CPA/CITP, CGMA, principal and founder of Arxis Technology and a popular technology speaker known as Inspector Gadget.
- J. Carlton Collins, CPA, the CEO of ASA Research and the author of the JofA’s monthly Technology Q&A column.
- Lisa Traina, CPA/CITP, CGMA, partner with Traina & Associates, a CapinCrouse company that provides IT security audit and consulting services to business clients.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- What technologies CPAs are not using that they should.
- Why CPAs should not be using paper checks.
- What kind of impact blockchain might have, or not have, on accounting.
- Potential time frames and paths for blockchain to redefine transaction recording with its triple-entry ledger.
- Several ways in which “robotics” could change the accounting profession.
- Which technologies the roundtable experts find most compelling.
- Why CPAs should know about “5G.”
Play the episode below: