As Gallup's decades of research have shown, managers are key to an organization's success. In this podcast, Nate Dvorak, a workplace researcher and client adviser at Gallup, reveals what Gallup's studies say about the qualities needed for effective management and how employers can choose the right people to promote to manager.
What you'll learn in this episode:
- Why managers are vital to an organization's success (1:35)
- The five traits of a successful manager (4:59)
- Whether good managers are born or made (7:50)
- What percentage of managers are effective (10:02)
- Why employers often promote the wrong people to manager (11:36), and how they can promote the right ones (12:52)
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Courtney Vien, a JofA senior editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.