Starting this month, all of our magazines — the Journal of Accountancy, The Tax Adviser, and FM magazine (coming in February) — are completely digital. We will continue to develop issues and deliver them to members and subscribers as flipbooks that can be read on a laptop or phone and can also be downloaded and printed. You can find the January issue of Journal of Accountancy here.
The digital transformation of the Association's magazines will give you more timely information, breaking news, trending topics, and access to even more experts. It will also reduce exposure to rising material prices and supply chain disruptions in the publishing industry, including paper shortages and labor issues.
This change supports our environmental responsibilities and is an important step toward our goal of becoming a net-zero emissions organization.
Our dedication to bringing you helpful, relevant information is unchanged. In 2022, you'll see more content on more topics important to you. You'll also see a big change to the AICPA & CIMA websites as we move toward a more responsive platform that will serve personalized content based on your interests and preferences.
Here are a few tips for using the digital Journal of Accountancy issue:
- The first time you visit the digital issue, you'll be given the option to take a tutorial explaining many of its features, such as how to download a PDF of the complete issue or to print a selection of pages. To visit the tutorial at any time, just hover at the top of the page until the hamburger menu icon appears in the upper left, then click the icon:
- Then click Help in the menu.
- Hovering over the headline of any article or column and clicking on the shaded box that results opens a scrollable reading screen. Click the X in the upper right corner to close the screen when finished. This feature is available for users on mobile devices, as well as those on desktop or laptop computers.
- Clicking on any selectable item on the table of contents, as shown in the blue box below, takes users directly to that content.
- To download a PDF, hover at the top of the page until the icons appear and click the download icon on the top right.
- To print an issue or select pages, click the three dots at the lower right of the screen to open the More list and select Print.
— Kim Nilsen is the JofA's publisher. Contact her at Kim.Nilsen@aicpa-cima.com.