A workplace offering an unlimited paid-time-off policy sounds like paradise for employees… and nothing but headaches for the managers responsible for making sure all the work gets done. But the management team at ATKG, a CPA firm in San Antonio, has implemented just such a policy and has been very happy with the results. In this episode of the JofA podcast, we talk to Teryn Grater, a partner at the firm, about how and why they implemented the policy. (For more on ATKG’s unlimited paid-time-off policy—including vacation pictures from the staff—read this JofA article.)
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- The history behind ATKG’s unlimited paid-time-off policy.
- The benefits the management team has seen from the policy.
- How the management team addresses fairness issues when some people take more time off than others.
- Lessons other firms could learn from ATKG’s experience if they wanted to implement a similar policy.
- How ATKG offers another interesting paid-time-off policy called a “walkabout.”
Play the episode below: