Cybersecurity again takes center stage in the Journal of Accountancy’s annual accounting technology roundtable, with the spotlight falling on cloud computing and, more specifically, the importance of single sign-on technology and multifactor authentication. What should CPAs be doing to better protect their data and derive more value from the investments in technology? Find out from the JofA’s panel of accounting technology experts:
- David Cieslak, CPA/CITP, CGMA, principal and founder of Arxis Technology and a popular technology speaker known as Inspector Gadget.
- J. Carlton Collins, CPA, the CEO of ASA Research and the author of the JofA’s monthly Technology Q&A column.
- Lisa Traina, CPA/CITP, CGMA, partner with Traina & Associates, a CapinCrouse company that provides IT security audit and consulting services to business clients.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- What CPAs are—and are not—doing well when it comes to technology.
- What the top technology priorities for CPAs should be today.
- The first two steps in an effective cybersecurity approach.
- What CPAs should be doing to protect emails from hackers.
- The proper choices for monitor size and updates to essential hardware and software.
- Why CPAs should not even consider using cloud vendors that don’t provide multifactor authentication.
Play the episode below: