Changing jobs is one of the most exciting experiences in a person’s career. Unfortunately, a lot of things can go wrong in the process. In this episode, independent recruiter Beth Berk, a CPA herself, talks about the key mistakes you need to avoid in order to land that coveted new gig. If you like what you hear, be sure to check out the second and third parts of this three-part series.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- The consequences of not providing the right information on an application.
- How to handle calls from a prospective employer.
- Whether employers really expect you to have all the qualifications they list in a job description.
- A common salary-related mistake that job applicants make.
- How and when to start the salary discussion.
Play the episode below:
This podcast is designed to provide illustrative information with respect to the subject matter covered, and does not represent an official opinion or position of the AICPA or AICPA.org. It is provided with the understanding that the AICPA and AICPA.org are not engaged in offering legal, accounting or other professional service. If such advice or expert assistance is required, the services of a competent, professional person should be sought. The AICPA and AICPA.org make no representations, warranties or guarantees as to, and assume no responsibility for, the content or application of the material contained herein, and especially disclaim all liability for any damages arising out of the use of, reference to, or reliance on such material.