Most likely, the people you work with, manage, or report to do not have a personality type exactly like yours. Jessica Iennarella, CPA/CFF, has advice for why it’s important to recognize our differences and how such knowledge can lead us to better relationships at work.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How Iennarella chose the six personality types for her session at AICPA ENGAGE (0:52).
- Why recognizing different personality types can help someone become a better manager (2:23).
- How understanding personality types can help us learn more about ourselves (3:45).
- An example of how Iennarella learned to manage setting expectations with her direct reports (5:05).
- A reminder that categorization of personality types is not a one-size-fits-all strategy (6:25).
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, a JofA senior editor, at Neil.Amato@aicpa-cima.com.