Brian Kalish has traveled the world as a financial planning and analysis (FP&A) leader and consultant, and he shares insights that can help FP&A professionals think about their roles in a different light. Learn more in this episode about why he uses several sports examples, including a quote from Hall of Fame baseball player Wade Boggs, to educate others.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why Kalish came to embrace math early in life (1:32).
- What team sports such as rowing have to do with FP&A (5:05).
- Why FP&A is “not about being perfect; it’s about being good” (6:55).
- Why a much-debated Super Bowl play call is included in Kalish’s FP&A presentations (8:23).
- How Kalish tailors examples when traveling internationally (11:10).
- The value of storytelling in FP&A (15:32).
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, a JofA senior editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.