Jim Kroeker, a FASB board member and vice chairman, has firsthand knowledge of the development and implementation phases of numerous board initiatives, including recently updated standards on revenue recognition and current expected credit losses (CECL). In this podcast, he discusses the challenges facing statement preparers and offers advice for successful implementation and insight into FASB’s projects under development.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The challenges private companies are facing regarding implementation of the revenue recognition standard.
- How FASB is helping financial statement preparers with implementation challenges.
- Keys to successful implementation of the CECL standard.
- The benefits to investors of FASB’s recently updated standards.
- FASB’s most important projects under development.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, a JofA senior editor, at Neil.Amato@aicpa-cima.com.