Providing accounting services to marijuana businesses is full of potential legal and ethical minefields. But it’s also something that many accountants are thinking about as legalization efforts around the country have helped boost marijuana sales and made pot a legitimate business enterprise in many — though certainly not all — lawmakers’ eyes. This episode explores what CPAs need to know about the latest developments in providing accounting services to marijuana businesses.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What is the current environment in the states for CPAs providing services to marijuana businesses?
- What are the big recent policy changes at the federal and state level?
- What can CPAs do if they have questions about providing services to marijuana businesses?
- Are there other groups providing guidance on this issue?
- What’s the regulatory environment like in Washington state after the recent passage of a new amendment related to CPAs providing services to marijuana businesses?
Play the episode below: