Mike Foster was sitting in an airport lounge a few years ago, essentially watching a hacker install malicious software on an unsuspecting person’s mobile phone. He relays that story and more about device security in part two of a conversation. Part one offered advice tailored to organizations.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- An explanation of a computer’s “golden image” (2:17).
- Why we should know what a “mouse jiggler” is (3:46).
- The shortcut that easily locks your computer keyboard (5:53).
- Why we should treat our mobile phones like our toothbrushes (6:37).
- The airport lounge example of why we shouldn’t share our phones with strangers (7:29).
- Why it’s potentially unsafe to connect to a public Wi-Fi network (13:29).
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, a JofA senior editor, at Neil.Amato@aicpa-cima.com.