The AICPA Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC) published working drafts for five new revenue recognition issues for public comment Wednesday in its ongoing project to produce an accounting and auditing guide for revenue recognition.
After reviewing public comment on the issues, FinREC will add them to the guide, which includes the work of 16 industry task forces and is available for purchase at the revenue recognition page on the AICPA website.
Numerous other completed drafts have already been published, and the guide will be updated as more issues are completed by the industry task forces. The issues exposed Wednesday were:
- Aerospace and defense: Issue No. 1-6: Identifying the Unit of Account in Design, Development, and Production Contracts.
- Broker-dealer: Issue No. 3-3: Principal vs. Agent: Costs Associated with Underwriting.
- Broker-dealer: Issue No. 3-3A: Costs Associated with Investment Banking Advisory Services.
- Power and utility: Issue No. 13-1: Accounting for Tariff Sales to Regulated Customers.
- Time-share: Issue No. 16-6: Recognition of Revenue—Management Fees.
—Ken Tysiac (Kenneth.Tysiac@aicpa-cima.com) is a JofA editorial director.