A rebroadcast of the webinar, “An Up Close Look at the Health Care Guide Including Emerging GAAP Issues,” will take place on July 30.
The original broadcast, hosted by select members of the Health Care Expert Panel on June 7, delves into the revised AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide—Health Care Entities — the first comprehensive revision of the Guide since 1996.
Although the scope remains unchanged, the guide has been organized into 15 chapters and the content has been reorganized to increase accessibility. In addition, the guide includes expanded disclosures and commentary, and a topical index.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of a panel member during the rebroadcast.
The webinar also discusses several emerging issues under discussion by the expert panel, including:
- Implementation or practice issues surrounding Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2010-24, the new standard on malpractice liability gross-ups.
- ASU No. 2011-07, which requires certain health care entities to reclass their bad debts and provide additional disclosures.
- Accounting for costs of International Classification of Diseases, 10th revision system conversions.
- Accounting for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Electronic Health Record incentive payments.
- The impact of the proposed ASU, Technical Corrections, on continuing care retirement communities.
To register, visit the AICPA Store and search for product number WBC12255I or click here.