To assess your commitment to creating value in your career, order the six statements below from the one that best describes you to the one that least describes you.
- I do my part.
- I am patient in waiting for opportunities to advance my career.
- I am not ready to move forward professionally.
- I am preparing for a successful future.
- The future is now; I am seizing opportunities daily.
- I can create the professional conditions I need for success.
To move yourself toward 100% percent personal commitment and make statements 4, 5 and 6 the ones that best describe you, what kinds of actions could you take? For example,
- I am getting up earlier each morning, energized to make things happen.
- I review my goals each day and prepare a daily action plan.
- As appropriate, I share my sense of commitment when speaking with colleagues and clients.
- I ask for help when I need it.
- I openly show my passion for what I do.
Write down three goal-oriented behaviors you are committed to living over the next 90 days.
Source: Creating Value: Your 90 Day Plan to Right Tracking Your Career by Joey D. Havens, CPA, and Dr. Joseph Paul.