Five students received 2016—17 AICPA John L. Carey Scholarship awards.
The award, part of the AICPA Legacy Scholars Program, is named for John L. Carey, who retired from the AICPA in 1969 after a 40-year career with the Institute. It recognizes students from liberal arts and other nontraditional business backgrounds who are pursuing graduate accounting degrees and plan to become CPAs.
This year's winners, each of whom receive a $5,000 scholarship funded by the AICPA Foundation to help cover tuition and other educational expenses, are:
- Drew Hardy, Kennesaw State University
- Marc Karpinos, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Gina Laret, University of Southern California
- Jessica Myers, University of Texas at Austin
- Jasper Suh, University of California, Irvine