More than 90 accounting students from across the United States and its territories received an AICPA Scholarship for Minority Accounting Students for the 2014–15 academic year.
This year’s Minority Scholarship program, which is open to underrepresented ethnic minorities, received 358 eligible applications. The 92 undergraduate and graduate students who will receive the scholarships maintained a minimum 3.0 grade point average and planned to pursue CPA licensure.
The AICPA Scholarship for Minority Accounting Students began in 1969 with the aim of increasing the ethnic diversity of the CPA profession.
The recipients also become part of the AICPA Legacy Scholars program, in which each scholar is assigned a coach to provide guidance on a service project and advice on questions related to the profession and the work environment.
Scholarship funding is provided by the AICPA Foundation, with contributions from the Accounting Education Foundation of the Texas Society of CPAs, the New Jersey Society of CPAs, and Robert Half International. The majority of students receive individual awards to fund expenses related to their pursuit of an accounting degree.
Below is a list of students who received this year’s specific awards. For a list of all recipients, visit ThisWayToCPA.com.
Accounting Education Foundation of the TSCPA
- Briana Brooks, University of Texas at Austin
- Courtney Caldwell, University of Houston
- Hyeongil Lee, University of Texas at Austin
- Loren Lirely, University of Texas at Austin
- Carolina Rangel, Texas A&M University
- Estefani Ruiz, Texas A&M University
- Naci Sigler, Lamar University
New Jersey Society of CPAs
- Valentina Cruz, Montclair State University
- Joshua Rodriguez, Rowan University
- Sabrena Carter, Eastern Michigan University
- Kristen Creamer, University of New Mexico
Stuart Kessler Scholarship Recipient
- Jessica Glenn, Bowling Green State University
More information about the AICPA Scholarship for Minority Accounting Students and other scholarship opportunities is available at aicpa.org/scholarships.