The Institute has awarded its inaugural Two-Year Transfer Scholarship to five students who have earned associate’s degrees in business, accounting, finance, or economics with a declared intent to major in accounting at a four-year college or university.
The awards, funded by the AICPA Foundation, include $1,000 to use toward tuition for the 2014–2015 school year.
The recipients are:
- Lisa Dimery, University of Colorado–Denver
- Kaitlyn Fox, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Gabriel Rollano, University of South Florida
- Simon Valdez, University of Texas at San Antonio
- Matthew Warr, University of Wyoming
These students also will become part of the AICPA Legacy Scholars program, which helps scholarship winners develop soft skills needed to maintain a successful career through service. Each AICPA Legacy Scholar is assigned a coach to provide guidance on an accounting-related service project and to advise on questions related to the profession and the work environment.