Nine organizations received the first WLIFE (Workplace Leader in Financial Education) Award.
Inspired by suggestions from a working group of the President’s Advisory Council on Financial Literacy, the AICPA and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) established the award in 2011 to highlight the importance of financial wellness in the workplace. The WLIFE is the first national award to recognize employers who provide financial education programs that improve the personal well-being of employees.
The AICPA and SHRM received more than 300 applications. Winners were chosen because their financial education programs showed results, innovation, effective tactics and a significant scope in increasing employee financial wellness.
The 2011 recipients, which were selected by members of the President’s Advisory Council on Financial Literacy, the National CPA Financial Literacy Commission, human resource professionals and CPAs, are:
- American Express, New York City
- Centre Area Transportation Authority (CATA), Port Matilda, Pa.
- Heritage Wealth Advisors, Richmond, Va.
- Mountain America Credit Union, West Jordan, Utah
- NYSE Euronext, New York City
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York City
- Therm-O-Disc Inc. (division of Emerson Electric), Mansfield, Ohio
- UA Healthcare Inc., Tucson, Ariz.
- WorldatWork, Scottsdale, Ariz.
More from the JofA: