Richard Paul, a partner in Deloitte & Touche LLP’s accounting standards and communications group in Wilton, Conn., was named chairman of the Institute’s Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC).
FinREC is a volunteer committee that serves as the Institute’s official voice on financial reporting matters and develops industry-specific accounting guidance. The committee includes members from business and industry, public practice and academia, and users of financial information.
Paul previously served a two-year assignment with FASB as a practice fellow, a position that entailed making recommendations to the board on technical issues, developing and drafting statements and other FASB guidance, analyzing comments from constituents, and leading discussions at FASB and Emerging Issues Task Force meetings.
He succeeds Jay Hanson as chairman. Hanson was recently appointed to the PCAOB.
Other members who recently joined the committee are:
- Adam Brown, partner, national accounting department, BDO, Dallas.
- Lawrence Gray, partner, co-leader of the professional practice group, EisnerAmper LLP, Edison, N.J.
- Mary Kane, director of financial compliance, Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick, N.J.
- Jack Markey, director of technical accounting research and tax accounting, Quest Diagnostics, Madison, N.J.
- Rebecca Mihalko, director, financial reporting, CBS Corp., New York City.
- Brad Sparks, CFO and treasurer, Laredo Oil Inc., Austin, Texas.
- Richard Stuart, partner, McGladrey & Pullen LLP, New York City.
More from the JofA: