1. Convert an email to a task: Selecting an email message and pressing the Insert key converts the email to a task and copies the task to your Tasks list. In addition, the Outlook message is flagged in red to let you know that it is linked to a task.
2. Convert an email to a calendar appointment: First, make sure that the To-Do Bar is visible by selecting To-Do Bar, Normal from the View tab’s Layout group. Select an email, then drag and drop it on a specific date on your calendar (in your To-Do Bar) to create an appointment on your calendar. Add the location, start time and end time (if necessary), and click Save and Close from the Appointment tab.
3. Convert an email to a meeting request: Follow the same procedure described above for creating a calendar appointment, except before you Save and Close, select Invite Attendees from the Appointment tab to create a meeting request. Select recipients to invite to the meeting using the To button, then click the Send button.
4. Convert an email sender to a contact: In an open email, right-click on the name of the sender to display the popup menu, and select Add to Outlook Contacts, and click Save and Close from the Contact tab.
5. To search all Outlook 2010 mail folders (POP3): Click on Search Inbox (or press Ctrl+E) to display the Search tab. From the Search tab select Search Tools, Search Options, and click the radio button labeled All folders.
More from the JofA: