- Ctrl+Shift+!—Applies the number format with two decimal places, thousands separator and minus sign ( - ) for negative values.
- Ctrl+Shift+$—Applies the currency format with two decimal places (negative numbers in parentheses).
- Ctrl+Shift+%—Applies the percentage format with no decimal places.
- Ctrl+Shift+#—Applies the date format with the day, month and year.
- When replacing text with new text, you don’t have to use the Delete key. Instead, select the old text, and as you start to type, the old text will vanish.
- A quick way to toggle Print Preview: press Alt+Ctrl+I. Press it again (or Esc) to return to normal view.
- If you type something and then change your mind, press Ctrl+Backspace to delete a word at a time. And if you get overzealous, press Ctrl+Z to bring it all back.
- Best time to defrag: right after a restart. This allows the operating system to clear out files in memory and lets the defrag tool focus on the hard disk data.