Almost 65% of accounting firms believe that paperless processes are critical to their firm’s future success, according to the recent findings of the online 2008 CCH Accounting Trends Survey.
Moreover, 62% of the firms surveyed said their use of paperless solutions will evolve quickly over the next year.
The most commonly used paperless approaches are:
- Scanning source documents (78%).
- Storing scanned documents on a network drive (77%)
- Performing on-screen reviews of tax returns (71%)
The firms surveyed say the top benefits of adopting paperless technologies are:
- Improving client service (76%)
- Improving competitiveness (71%)
- Increasing efficiency (67%)
Source: CCH Group, www.cchgroup.com.