| Direct Services
- Receive, deposit and account for client receipts.
- Ensure expected revenues are received.
- Make appropriate disbursements.
claims to insurance companies.
accuracy of provider bills and appropriate reimbursements.
- Protect the elderly by controlling checkbook
and other assets.
- Provide income tax planning
and return preparation.
- Provide gift tax
- Prepare employment tax
returns for caregivers and other household help.
- Arrange for transportation, housekeeping and
- Manage real estate and other
- Visit and report on elderly on
behalf of children in distant locations.
Review and report on financial transactions.
Test for asserters adherence to established criteria.
- Review investments and trust activity.
- Audit third-party calculations, such as pension,
insurance and annuity payouts.
- Review reports
and report on care provider performance against
- Evaluate and report on
the performance of other outside parties, such as
ElderCare planning for
- Housing and support service needs.
- Death or disability of
one or both spouses.
- Alternative costs of
retirement communities and other housing.
Housing and care alternatives.
available in the community.
- Estate planning.
Fiduciary planning for
- Financial power of attorney.
- Health care
power of attorney.
- Living wills.
Advanced medical directives.
Evaluation of health care financing options for
- Medicare and Medicaid.
- LTC insurance.
- Medigap insurance.
- Viatical insurance
- Reverse mortgages.
Sale/leaseback of home.
- Flexible spending
- Mediate/arbitrate family disputes.
Provide objectivity for highly emotional issues.
- Act as a go-between between parent and child.
Coordination of support and health care services
- Lead a team of health care, legal and other
- Help family monitor care.
- Establish standards of care expected.
Communicate expectations to care providers.
Establish performance measurement systems.