Ten students received 2013–2014 AICPA/Accountemps Student Scholarship awards.
These scholarship awards are given annually to undergraduate and graduate-level accounting majors who aspire to become CPAs, demonstrate academic excellence, and show exceptional leadership. Eligible applicants must have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0 and completed at least 30 semester hours in college-level coursework, including six semester hours in accounting.
A task force composed of AICPA Pre-certification Education Executive Committee and Accountemps representatives made the selections from more than 1,214 applicants.
This year’s recipients, each of whom has received a $2,500 scholarship for the 2013–2014 academic year, are:
- Nicholas Boardman, Samford University
- Hortencia Campbell, University of Texas at Austin
- William Chandler, University of Washington
- Mallory Coulombe, Southern New Hampshire University
- Samantha Hairston, Georgia Southern University
- Catherine Humphrey, University of Alabama
- Jeffrey Ritter, University of Notre Dame
- Alexandra Santomo, University of Louisville
- Michael Shonce, University of Michigan
- Nathan Sturos, Michigan Technological University