Ten students were selected to receive a 2013–2014 AICPA John L. Carey Scholarship, which is awarded to students from liberal arts and other nontraditional business backgrounds who are pursuing graduate accounting degrees and aim to become CPAs.
The recipients, each of whom gets $5,000 to cover tuition and other educational expenses, are:
- Heather Creech, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Brian Doud, Wake Forest University
- Daniel Hirsty, University of Texas at Austin
- Betsy Jacobson, Northeastern University
- Angela Janda, University of New Mexico
- Michael Lauridsen, DePaul University
- Josh Lewer, Georgia Regents University
- Shane Maldonado, Mills College
- Nicole Wolfe, University of Southern California
- Jessica Woo, University of Southern California
Funding for the scholarships is provided by an endowment of the AICPA Foundation in honor of John L. Carey. A task force selected the recipients, based on academic achievement, leadership, and commitment to pursuing a CPA license. Recipients must also be full-time graduate students for the upcoming academic year.
Applications for the 2014–2015 AICPA John L. Carey Scholarship
program are due April 1. More information about this and other AICPA
scholarship programs is available at aicpa.org/scholarships.