The AICPA recently released eXacct: Financial Reporting Tools & Techniques, a Web-based tool built on the framework of Accounting Trends & Techniques, an AICPA publication that provides guidance on U.S. GAAP presentation and disclosure requirements, as well as statistical reporting trends and examples from the AICPA’s survey of annual reports from 500 of the country’s top public companies.
The eXacct: Financial Reporting Tools & Techniques tool makes the publication’s content interactive and enables it to be searched, browsed, filtered and downloaded.
- Guidance on reporting requirements, complete with references to authoritative literature.
- Statistical tables that track reporting trends.
- Excerpts from the real annual reports, showing reporting techniques.
- Ability to search key terms and research information by company or industry.
- Access to all 500 example reports, including XBRL data, if applicable.
The tool is available as an online subscription from the AICPA Store at cpa2biz.com/eXacct.
More from the JofA: