What are employees really doing when they take a “mental health day”?
According to a poll by ComPsych, a provider of employee assistance programs, the top five reasons employees take a mental health day are:
- Family/relationship issues (30%)
- Work stress/workload (20%)
- Financial, legal or other personal issues (15%)
- Lack of physical energy/well-being (12%)
- Boredom/lack of motivation (5%)
Eighteen percent of workers surveyed reported not taking mental health days.
Source: ComPsych’s Tell It Now survey, www.compsych.com.